Sunday, October 01, 2006

Table & chairs....

A few years ago I bought a 'barley twist table & was given 4 Edwardian chairs.
The table was difficult to eat at as you caught your knees on the legs underneath!
Also older daughter has 3 children now and two are out of high chairs....
I gave her a 6' long victorian pine table with two large drawers in.
A Mrs Beeton table.....
I neede one smaller in the end after looking @ a few ranging in price from
£200 -£300.... We went to another store they had a lovely table made in India
I just loved it 4' but quite wide & solid. With four chairs plus my 2 better chairs
that I already have. Anyway it was £200 but was slightly shop soiled so I
got it for £150- Husband was also able to take it to pieces with the help of the
store workers and we managed it all in the car, chairs as well. My old one is
outside with the chairs waiting for a friend....
I t looks so nice looks like a proper dining area now. I bought a bunch of Iris
reduced & put in a tall vase it looks really nice.....
I also have lots of stuff in the hall waiting for a yard top sale. I hope we can do
one this week end. Any stuff we don't sell can go to a charity shop. Thrift store
to those who wonder......

No comments: