Friday, October 13, 2006

Iraq this dire war

I have been thinking of my thoughts on this
abysmal war....
I did not agree with the concept when we went in!
It should have been sorted over Kuwait over 10 yrs
ago....
We reap what we sow don't we?
The situation is just getting worse & worse....
Our top milatary commander has finaly spoken out!
Most people agree with him....
Still many of our young men are there....
I was concerned at the time that 'no forward
planning had been given to it!' ie civilians children
etc.,'
As usual the politicians .us. with respect...
Had thought it would be ' in & out'...
I was in the .us. in the late 60's and well
remember the Vietnam situation.... like many
Americans do!
I pray we will pull out as soon as possible....
How naive was that!
I know it is easy for us all to reflect after the situation.....
Although we value our friendship with the .us.
Our culture & values are quite different...
Things are not as black & white as they suppose
Can I use that term in this terrible pc society.....
For one thing :we don't have the death penalty...
our judicial system tends to be less severe along with prisons etc.,
Enough of my thoughts on it!
Only God can help in this terrible situation.....

5 comments:

Fieldfleur said...

I feel the same way about Iraq and not happy about the U.S. involvement. Our Council of Churches recommended a peaceful alternative which our President ignored. :( I am glad that Hussein is no longer hurting others. Yet bombs and hatred are all stirred up even more now it seems.
You're right ~~ we need God's lessons and help.
Thanks for visiting my blog! I was in England last June, such a pretty place, with lovely people!

Teri

Sunny said...

Thanks so much for your comment Terri.....
Shall go back to your BLOG....
I wonder where you were in uk???
God bless your days....

Fieldfleur said...

Hi Sunny,
I was in London, going where the tourists go. :) I really enjoyed St. John's Cathedral and talking to nice people on the Tube. My distant ancestors are from England. A long time ago ... :) I'll have to find out from whereabouts.
Take care,
Teri

Sunny said...

Have updated my BLOG
God bless
freye uk......

Sunny said...

I haven't been on my BLOG for a good while due to much sickness
Now have to access @ the library
also for some reason can't get on my xanga site here???
www.xanga.com/freye

Maybe you can as has more pics when I can get ON!!!!
If you wish to view new sites you can view @ blogger...
Do hope you are well
Today is in the lower 70's and Low humidity here in the uk...
Bless your day
Sunny (freye)