Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Friend Jackies Curio Shop

Have been to visit my dear friend Jackie and her curio shop..... She has some amazing things at waydown prices...... I have just purchased a beautiful Head.....
I hope to take a photo of it to place on my blog...
She reminds me of a character from a Jane Austen novel it is so lovely...
I have already been offered more money for it...
But I love her too much.....
As for collecting;
My mother had a small curio shop also I was brought up in that generation where folks saved things for rainy days...
Now I don't collect much.....
My older daughter has just moved to a lovely Edwardian House nr Thirsk in North Yorkshire.
I let her have a large victorian table with a drawer: two pine chests:a 40's school bookcase glass fronted;My mothers Georgian Bureau:A pr of Pink Lustres: My grandmothers copper kettle and a few other bits and bobs.....
I still have stuff... Oh dear........
She was fairly minimal??? But now the older house......

No comments: